By Marc Rosenberg
Partners have it great. They:
- Function as entrepreneurs
- Love the freedom and flexibility of being a business owner
- Have clients who love them and vice versa
- Do work that is challenging and interesting
- Have staff to delegate work to
- Mentor young people
- Have tenure, just like professors (well, not officially)
- They make great money, way more than they ever thought
- They have almost no accountability (pardon the sarcasm!)
MORE ON STAFFING: Why Job Descriptions Matter | Generational Differences: Truth and Fiction | MPs Chime In on Recruiting, Development, Retention | How to Set Your Firm Apart to Recruits | Why Staff Scheduling Should Be Centralized | Compensation: Money and Beyond | How to Make Mandatory Saturdays a Thing of the Past | What Staff Mentoring Is and Isn’t | Do Flexible Hours Help or Hurt Us? | 8 Keys to Keeping Staff Engaged | Staffing: What CPA Firms Are Learning the Hard Way
Exclusively for PRO Members. Log in here or upgrade to PRO today.
The stress of partners’ jobs sometimes causes them to forget they have such a great gig. But when partners stand back and think of what they have going for them, they see how nice the big picture is.
READ MORE →