HP is unveiling Upline, a new subscription service designed to help small-business and home-office users back up, share, and store digital content over any Internet connection. The new offering is based on data that shows: 43% of companies that experience a disaster and do not have an emergency plan never reopen. 40% of small and medium sized businesses do not back up their data at all. 70% of small firms that experience a major data loss go out of business within a year. Here’s what accountants will like: You can try out a limited plan at no cost for one year.
Topic: hewlett packard
You don’t have to with EVDO or HSDPA in your laptop. By Rick Telberg for Hewlett Packard Technology moves along at an ever-accelerating clip. Five years ago, broadband Internet connectivity was something special, and was slowly taking over from dial-up. Today, it is almost ubiquitous. If you are still using dial-up, it’s because there are few or no broadband options in your area.
SEARCH CPA Trendlines
CONNECT with CPA TRENDLINES
THE CPA Trendlines VALUE PROMISE
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
We are dedicated to delivering the actionable intelligence that tax, accounting and finance professionals need in order to identify and act on emerging issues and opportunities. We specialize in high-quality, concise executive briefings designed to help busy professionals improve their organizations, advance their careers, and enhance their lives. Our reports are relevant, timely and to-the-point, providing only the most essential information, often in under and hour. Our clients will be 100% satisfied, or their money back.
– Rick Telberg,
President / CEO,
Bay Street Group LLC
Contact me here
CPA Trendlines SPECIAL OFFER
TODAY’S TOP TRENDING TOPICSaccounting audit biz-dev business busy season career planning careers client client service compensation economic trends Employment firms forecast growth growth strategy IT jobs leadership management marketing media new clients partner pay PFP practice-management recruiting retention salary Sales satisfaction Service Small business social staff staffing strategy survey tax tax season technology tech trends vendor workplace
NEW COMMENTS: The BUZZ at CPA Trendlines
- Tax preparers lost $ 468 mn. in revenues this year! said [...]  Tax industry loses market share –...
- LynetteR said I was a Lacerte user for 15 years, then changed to...
- Lin said I have been doing this work for 47 years and loved...
- FRED BROOK said DEAR KATHY: I have been preparing tax returns for...
- Accountants in London said Thats really very interesting article, each point...
- Raymond Morazza said DONE: After 22nd TAX SEASON….I mean done as...
- Lyn Lawshe said Re Ultra Tax – I use it too and since I am a...
- Steve Crair said I have been a loyal user of Drake for about 15 yea...
- Elizabeth Melchiori said Hi Nick, I was a Tax Wise user for about 12 or 13...
- Jeff said I am in the same situation. Have used ATX for ove...
- Linda Nicolosi said This year was a disaster based on things beyond ou...
- Rod Dickson, CPA said I have used Lacerte for many years. It is more ex...
- Terry Drake said Ditto. Used ATX for 10 years but this one has cost...
- nick kolligris cpa said Hello Kathy, if you dont mind me asking, I am in a...
- Amy Lewis said I have used Proseries in some version for 23 years...
- Welcome to the Third Era of CPE
- What Partners Don’t Tell Staffers about Clients
- Trends in Temporary Staffing
- Value, Billem & Dunn: A Value Billing Case Study
- The 10 Basic Ways to Boost Profits at an Accounting Firm
- What Ads, the Web or Social Media Still Can’t Do
- Billable Hours for Partners: How Much Is Too Much?
- What To Do When Your Staffers Don’t Listen to You
- New Client Opportunities with Mobile Apps
- Charting the Evolution of the Firm Administrator
- Tax Industry Loses Market Share as More Taxpayers e-File from Home in 2013
- Tax Season Survey Data on Top Issues
- Checklist: How the Best Managing Partners and Firm Admins Work in Concert
- Six Questions to Launch Your Summer Strategy Sessions
- 12 Must-Do Items for Your Partner Retreat Agenda
- With Busy Season Ended, It’s Time for New Resolutions
- What Most Accountants Miss in the Five Simple Steps to Get More Clients
- Advertising as a Marketing Tool that Sometimes Works
- 25 Managing Partners List Best Profitability Ideas in 7 Key Areas
- Marketing for Small Firms
- Busy Season Survey Shows Four Key Findings
- The Value of Live Conferences in the Internet Age
- Seven Signs You’re Working in a Firm Where the Partners Don’t Trust Each Other
BREAKING NEWS via Twitter