Marketing and Business Development Strategies at Tax & Accounting Firms Research Report
Exclusive new findings into what’s working, why, and for which firms.
By Jean Marie Caragher and Rick Telberg
- Benchmarks and trend analysis for firms of all sizes.
- Convenient, searchable, printable PDF eBook.
- More than 225 pages. Over 200 illustrations, exhibits, charts, graphs, and tables.
- Instant delivery (PDF, 8 MB).
Links to download your PDF ebook will appear on the order confirmation screen after purchase and in your email receipt from email@example.com.
* CPA Trendlines EZ-PDF ebooks are copyright-protected and licensed for sole individual use. Reproduction and distribution prohibited by law. Downloadable to five personal devices. This is a digital-only product, not available in print, and subject to certain limitations.
Jean Caragher explains what makes high performing firms exceptional.
See how firms are translating new-revenue goals into real-time strategies:
Don’t waste another dollar on new-business efforts without
“Gear Up for Growth.”
Get answers to the critical questions:
What’s working? …And, what’s not.
It separates the best from the rest.
And shows you the right ways to ramp up your new-business efforts.
“Gear Up for Growth” identifies today’s most successful goals, plans, and strategies.
It’s the biggest marketing report in the business since the 2012 CPA Trendlines best-seller.
With this report, you can
Track the long-term trends over the last six years
Analyze the state of current activities, and
Get the forecasts on new trends for the year ahead.
It’s indispensable reading for any firm, of any size, that’s seeking to grow top-line revenue with bottom-line results.
The rave reviews are rolling in:
“Not everybody is a merketer, it’s well worth it to invest the time.” – Sole Practitioner, Webster, N.Y.
“Good information that I can use immediately.” – Practicing Accountant
“Good pace. Not too much content to be overwhelming. Nice job!” – Senior Vice President, Marketing & Strategic Consulting, Orlando, Fla., CPA firm
“Helpful and cutting-edge information.” – Client Coordinator, Tax Advisory Firm, Houston, Texas
“Timely, relevant information. Give it a 10 rating.” – Tax Professional
“Rate it a 10 out of 10.” – CPA, Virgina Beach, Va.
Make better-informed decisions on:
- Developing new-business strategies that consistently achieve their goals.
- Selecting the right goals and objectives for the firm’s budget and target market.
- Determining the most appropriate tactics and strategies to compete more effectively.
- Building formal, written growth plans based on hard data and competitive intelligence.
- Creating a marketing culture that empowers owners and staff alike to seek and attract new revenue opportunities.
- Unlocking the secrets to true satisfaction with the firm’s business development goals and strategies.
Get practical insights into primary goals and objectives, such as:
- Adding new clients
- Building brand awareness and firm visibility
- Developing new niche and specialty services
- Retaining clients
- Generating new leads
- Optimizing profitability…
… and 11 more critical success factors, measured and evaluated.
See the top trending strategies that firms are deploying for the year ahead, including:
- New social media efforts, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Thought leadership programs, such as blogging, publishing articles, gaining speaking engagements, and producing white papers
- The new role of networking with prospects and referral sources
- The shift to online advertising, including paid search, Google AdWords, and Linkedin
… and 15 more strategic options, ranked and analyzed.
Understand what’s working (and what’s not) for firms of all sizes, with in-depth views into the goals, activities, and success rates of:
- Sole Practitioners
- Firms of 2-10 Persons
- Firms of 11-50 Persons, and
- Firms of 51-100 Persons
The breakouts show firms how best to compete against like-sized firms, as well as against firms both larger and smaller. And it provides a roadmap to achieving the next level in a firm’s growth goals with inside views of what larger firms are doing.
Under each size classification, firms are divided between high-performing leaders and low-performing laggards, identifying for the reader the programs and objectives that are yielding the best results.
Verbatim comments from practitioners and professional marketers add perspective, analysis, and straight-from-the-shoulder advice and guidance.
The special collection of supplemental chapters with checklists, examples, and step-by-step procedures, equips readers with essential information and instruction, including:
- Who Is Networking the Right Way
- What Smart CPA Firms Use Events as a Lead Generation Too
- When to Target The Right Prospects for Sales Success
- Where the Family Business Niche is Booming
- Why a Firm Might Need to Hire a Marketing Professional
- The Four Factors that Make a Successful Accounting Firm Marketer
- Crucial Questions You Need to Ask at Your Next Firm Retreat
- The Five Questions to Ask About Inbound Marketing, and
- Seven Essential Ingredients for a High-Performing Marketing Program
The Lead Author: Jean Marie Caragher
Jean Caragher is the founder and chief executive of Capstone Marketing, the go-to resource for accounting firms seeking expert strategy and implementation. With 30 years of experience working solely with CPAs, Jean knows the challenges and opportunities firms face today. Her experience and knowledge, combined with her practical approach, help growth-focused CPA firms attract the best clients and talent. She is also the author and creator of the uniquely feasible 90-Day Marketing Plan for CPA Firms.
A well-respected industry specialist, Jean is an inaugural AAM Hall of Fame inductee, a multiple AAM-MAA award winner, and a CPA Practice Advisor Thought Leader. Prior to launching Capstone Marketing in 1998, Jean served as a CPA firm marketing director and association executive director. She has twice been named one of Accounting Today’s 100 Most Influential People in Accounting. Jean’s experience: Moore Stephens North America Inc., Executive Director; BDO Seidman, Regional Marketing Director; and Israeloff, Trattner & Company, Marketing Director.
She holds an MBA from Hofstra University and a BA from State University College at Oswego, N.Y. Her published works include “Bull’s-Eye! The Ultimate How-To Marketing and Sales Guide for CPAs;” “Double-Digit Growth: Tools From Top Firms;” “How to Hire a Marketing Director and Make It Work;” “The Marketing Advantage II: New Ideas on Getting and Keeping Clients.” Professional recognition: Inaugural member, Association for Accounting Marketing Hall of Fame; Association for Accounting Marketing-Marketing Achievement Award; Member, Editorial Advisory Board, CPA Marketing Report; Member, Practice Management Editorial Advisory Board, Accounting Today; “100 Most Influential People in Accounting,” Accounting Today; and Top 25 Thought Leader in Public Accounting, CPA Practice Advisor.
She belongs to the Association for Accounting Marketing, where she has served as president, board director and conference chair; the National Speakers Association, and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Gear Up for Growth: The Marketing Trends Manual for Accountants