A startling statistic about the effectiveness of marketing planning.
The most successful tax and accounting firms – large, small and in between – are 14 times more likely than laggard firms to work from a written marketing plan, according to CPA Trendlines research.
Coincidence? We think not. The real question is why so few firms make the effort to create and follow a practice development plan when the payoff is so significant and assured.
That’s why CPA Trendlines has teamed with Capstone Marketing in the Seven Keys to Successful CPA Firm Management program to produce a one-hour crash course on how to build a marketing plan.
The webinar on creating a marketing plan in only 90 days is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 20, at 12 Noon ET (11 AM Central, 10 AM Rocky Mountain, and 9 AM Pacific). It’s the first in a new set of webinars deigned to give firms a headstart on new strategies for 2013.
The CPA Trendlines research for the SevenKeys CPA program also shows:
- Leaders are 5 times more likely than laggards to have marketing strategies that achieve their goals, and
- Leaders are 11 times more likely to be satisfied with their firm’s performance in marketing and business development.
How do they do it? SevenKeys Leaders consistently display five traits:
- Get most or all partners and professionals to regularly generate new business leads.
- Make business development activities part of routine performance evaluations.
- Reward people for winning new business.
- Get everyone involved and accountable for new business development efforts.
- Meet regularly to check progress against their plan.
The series also includes one-hour webinars on new lead generation, client service and teamwork. Click here for more on The Complete Four-Part Turbocharge Series.