The National Trends and Averages
By CPA Trendlines Research
While tax professionals taking a well-deserved break this summer, they are also carefully assessing how well – or poorly – they fared in Tax Season 2015 and they are beginning to lay plans for Tax Season 2016. Chief among their concerns will, no doubt, be a thorough review of their mix of services and fees.
Fortunately, CPA Trendlines has compiled authoritative data in an easy-to-use set of charts, graphs and infographics to guide the strategizing for 2016.
In this report, CPA Trendlines reveals:
- The average time it takes an amateur do-it-yourselfer to do a 1040 – useful information in understanding and communicating to clients the true value of a professional.
- How many tax professionals give away over $100 per client in free consultations – and how competitive the market may be for practitioners.
- Prices by type of form: Itemized 1040; State; Schedule C’s; 940s; 1065s; 1120Ss.
- Prices by region: West, Midwest, Northeast and South.
- How many preparers charge to file an extension and how much they charge.
- Trends in 1040 business.
- Practitioners’ age ranges and years in business.
- The characteristics of the communities in which they operate.