There’s hardly a business that will remain unaffected by blockchain technology.
^ Play the video
With Steven Sacks
In Blockchain Basics for Business, Steve Sacks interviews Jack Shaw on the elements of the technology, its early beginnings, the industries impacted, and the practical business applications.
MORE VIDEOS and PODCASTS: The Art and Science of Hiring: Three Essentials for the COVID Age | What’s a Bot? New Tech Tools to Boost Your Practice | Your Competition Isn’t Who You Think It Is | Don’t Get Burned by These PPP Pitfalls
- Bitcoin is only an application of Blockchain which is the platform
- Decentralized nodes eliminate the possibility of hacking
- Blockchain has many business uses in the financial, insurance, media, medical, consumer and supply chain
- Industries impacted by blockchain include energy, entertainment, manufacturing and transportation
- Blockchain stores records such as identities, ownership of assets, business transactions and contractual commitments
^ Download and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here
Jack Shaw is an innovation and change management consultant, who has been voted one of the world’s top 25 speakers and one of the top 5 technology futurists. Jack integrates his executive experience in Industry, technology, and consulting to speak on Innovation, Change Management, and Transformational Leadership. And, he has decades of experience designing, developing, and implementing emerging technologies and how these will impact business and society.
Jack has advised key decision-makers at such Fortune 500 organizations as Mercedes Benz, Bosch, GE, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, IBM, Oracle, and SAP. Jack has delivered over 1,000 keynote presentations and executive forums in 26 countries and every state across the U.S. He is a Yale University graduate, and holds a Kellogg MBA degree specializing in Finance and Marketing.
Jack’s expertise is in the strategic impact of leading-edge technologies, including Blockchain technology, 5G, the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence. He can be reached at https://jackshaw.io
TRANSCRIPT and SLIDE DECK (for PRO Members)