- “An income tax is the price which the government charges for the privilege of having taxable income.” – Former Secretary of the Treasury Andrew Mellon
Here’s what you’re looking for: Robert E. Mckenzie
Tax advisors tell you to be audit you can be.
As collected by Robert E. Mckenzie
- The American taxpayers wouldn't object to free transportation for certain government officials if they'd go where we wish they would.
- Nowadays the world revolves on its taxes.
More Tax Season Humor: What Al Capone Said about Taxes – Before His Conviction | A CPA Goes into a Pet Shop to Buy a Parrot… | A Little Tax Humor | How many IRS agents does it take to screw in a light bulb?
- Turbo Tax is the worst video game ever.
More tax humor for Busy Season.
Collected, curated and refined by Robert E. McKenzie. Enjoy!
- "They can't collect legal taxes from illegal money."
– Al Capone: Before he was convicted of tax evasion.
- Sixty-four percent of women attorneys think that tax lawyers make undesirable dates.
– Daniel Dolan
- "The best things in life are tax-free."
– Joseph Bonkowski
- "If your biggest tax deduction was bail money, you might be a redneck."
– Jeff Foxworthy
A little tax humor for Busy Season, as collected, curated and refined by Robert E. McKenzie. Enjoy!
- It’s not that we can’t fill out a simple tax return. The problem is that in so many cases, a simple tax return simply doesn’t exist.
– Anderson Independent Mail, 1-25-12
- Love, sex, and the I.R.S are three things that will always be with us.
– Dave Howell, The Morning Call, 3-30-15
- It’s always sunny the day after tax season, regardless of the weather.
– Kurt Schneider, CPA 4-20-17
Editor's Note: Every tax season for the last umpteen years, Robert E. McKenzie, a tax lawyer at Arnstein & Lehr in Chicago, has made a tradition of sharing his carefully curated collection of tax jokes. Here are a few of his latest. Enjoy!
By Robert E. McKenzie
1) "Three things are certain in life. Death and taxes are two of them. The third is tax fraud." – Matt Pearce, LA Times, April 19, 2016
2) "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world. Nobody knows more about taxes." – Donald Trump during 2016 campaign
3) "Anonymous just hacked Trump's tax returns. Unfortunately, like Trump's hands, the numbers are tiny and impossible to make out." – Michael R. Burch
... and more tax season humor.
Every tax season for the last umpteen years, Robert E. McKenzie, a tax lawyer at Arnstein & Lehr in Chicago, has made a tradition of sharing his carefully curated collection of tax jokes. Here are a few of his latest. Enjoy!
Q: How many IRS agents does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: Only one, but the light bulb really gets screwed.
-- From Garrison Keillor’s ‘Pretty Good Joke Book’
IRS MOTTO: "We're not happy until you're not happy!"