- “Needless tax complexity promotes chaos and confusion and gives the taxpayer a ready excuse for inattention to detail merging toward outright noncompliance.” – Gene Steuerle
More Tax Season Humor: April Fool Is When? | What Money Can Buy | How Golf Is Like Taxes | After the Revolution | Worst Video Game Ever | A Little Tax Humor | How many IRS agents does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Exclusively for PRO Members. Log in here or upgrade to PRO today.
- “The ancient Egyptians built elaborate fortresses and tunnels and even posted guards at tombs to stop grave robbers. In today’s America, we call that estate planning.” – Congressman Bill Archer
- “Everything today is taxes … What better seat on the grandstand of life can I offer you than that of tax counsel … Who is the figure behind every great man, the individual who knows his ultimate secrets? A father confessor? Hell no, the tax expert.” – Louis Auchincloss (The Partners)
- This quote should read in context of the current IRS Whistleblower Program, which pays millions of dollars each year to reward informants: “The greatest scourge of mankind, the detestable race of tax informers, must be stopped. We must stifle it in its first efforts and tear out the pernicious tongue of envy. Let not the judges receive … information of the informer; let them be given up to punishment as soon as any of them appear.” – Caesar Constantine
- “(T)he worst thing about (the week before tax returns are due) may not be the taxes themselves, but the commiserating rhetoric of the politicians who, having created the present tax system, will spend the next few days deploring it as if it were the handiwork of strangers.” – The Washington Post
- “Most voters would rather have their purse or wallet stolen than be audited by the IRS.” – Frank Luntz
- “Nuclear physics is much easier than tax law. It’s rational and always works the same way.” – Jerold Rochwald
- Q: What’s wrong with lawyer jokes?
- “It is interesting to note that criminals have multiplied of late, and lawyers have also; but I repeat myself.” – Mark Twain
- Lawyers and Alligators
- Something for the Dear Departed